Nana Amisulashvili – Partner
Nana joined the VBAT team in 2007 as an associate. Since 2012, she is a partner of VBAT. Nana specializes in insolvency law, contract law, corporate law, tax law, labour law, construction law and administrative law. She graduated from Tbilisi State University in 2004 with the Master’s diploma with honours. Nana successfully passed Georgian Bar exam in September 2004 with the specialization in civil law and, since then, is a member of Georgian Bar Association.
Nana’s engagements include:
Providing legal service to development and construction companies;
Providing legal support to companies during insolvency proceedings;
Serving as an Insolvency Office Holder in:
- Development Company JIKIA LTD;
- Development Company Orioni LTD;
- Bakery Company Kolkhi LTD;
- Ioli Supermarketi LTD;
- Bagebi 2002 LTD;
- Serving as a judge-appointed member of Arbitration Council in insolvency proceedings related to Kartu Group rehabilitation.
Additional professional experience
Nana is actively involved in Georgian insolvency law support projects, in particular, she serves as:
- The Head of the project “Insolvency Law Reform Campaign,” funded and supported by USAID’s project “Governing for Growth” (G4G);
- The member of the working group on draft insolvency law at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Program – “Legal Approximation towards European Standards in the South Caucasus“ and EU funded Project - “Support to the Development of Private and Administrative Law System in Georgia”;
- The Head of Insolvency Law Working Group at Association of Law Firms of Georgia.
- Instruments against the Bad Faith Use of Insolvency Proceedings by Individuals, Student Law Journal - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Program - “Legal Approximation towards European Standards in the South Caucasus“;
- Correcting the Debts of Individuals with Regular Income within the Scope of Insolvency Proceedings – Journal of Association of Law Firms of Georgia, #2.
With her native Georgian, Nana is fluent in English and Russian languages.